Astra Resources PLC is a diversified, global asset company with a suite of established, intellectual, technological and natural resource businesses positioned globally. Astra’s strategic business model centres on game-changing technologies and is supported by worldwide activities in mining and related opportunities. The recent UN report on Climate Change is consistent with Astra’s positioning in the market:
- Improving efficiency of industries and factories in the areas of steel making and electricity production by new disruptive technologies and low cost mining close to the end-user (thermal coal, coking coal and iron ore value chains).
- Improving efficiency in the road transport
- Gamechanger technologies in carbon dioxide capture
- Seawater to hydrogen production in sunlight without any external energy input (this is the futuristic technology which addresses the major issues in the report)
- Diversification of risk with investments in safe havens such as property and gold mining
- Partnership with a major player in forestry preservation and management, land use, carbon credit accumulation
The company has a low-risk philosophy backed by its vastly diversified asset base. The primary areas of focus are:
Astra’s technology-focused business model reinforces the Company’s position as a major participant in the global resources market, by reducing risk and enhancing its revenue position, setting Astra apart from other resource companies currently in operation. This positioning also enables Astra to service the rapidly expanding coal and steel demands of the world’s largest developing economies, China and India.
From leading-edge technology that will revolutionise the steel and coal industries, to agricultural and property projects that will deliver highly sought-after outcomes, each project within each asset class has been carefully selected for its value.